Blue Ribbon Lasagna
- 1 pound ground chuck or beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- Optional: 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garlic salt
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (No Salt Added) Drained
- 1 can (12 oz) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 10 OVEN READY lasagna noodles (can sub whole wheat lasagna noodles)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 105mins
Brown meat slowly, spoon off excess fat. Add onions and cook until they're transparent (if using mushrooms, add them at the same time). Add tomatoes, oregano, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Let cook 1 min. Drain again and add tomato paste.
Simmer uncovered 30 minutes ( stir every 3 min).
Beat eggs in large bowl. Add cottage cheese, parmesan, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
Spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray. Layer cooked noodles, meat sauce, cottage cheese mixture, and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers three times.
Cover with tin foil and bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more min.