A really great soup.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 (15 11/2) cans Mexican style chili beans, undrained
- 1 (15 1/4 oz) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (45 oz) can chopped green chilis
- 1 1/4 oz envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope Ranch style dressing mix
- 1 1/2 C water
Cook been and onion in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Drain.
Stir beans and the next 7 ingredients together. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered 15 minutes Spoon soup into bowls; top with desired topping.
Black beans are a good addition to this. I have found a canned product that includes green chilis, black beans and corn. I think it's Walmart's brand and is located with the other canned vegetables such as beans, not the Mexican canned veggies.