Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Foldover Sandwiches
Make a wrap from a flattened refrigerated biscuit, and fill it with tender chicken and veggies
- 1 small or 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into 2x1/2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 5 slices portobello mushrooms (from 6-oz package)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (6 oz) refrigerated grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 can (10.2 oz) Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (4 oz)
- 1 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce, heated
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
1) Heat oven to 425°F. In ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, place bell pepper, onion and mushrooms. Drizzle with oil. Place chicken strips in same pan.
2) Bake 15 minutes, stirring and turning twice, until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven; set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
3) Separate dough into 5 biscuits. On ungreased large cookie sheet, press each biscuit into 6-inch round. Spread pesto evenly over biscuits. Top each with cheese.
4) Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
5) Spoon roasted vegetables and chicken evenly onto half of each baked biscuit round; fold biscuit over filling. Serve warm sandwiches with warm pasta sauce for dipping.