Walnut Glory Cake
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 9 eggs (separated)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
• Sift flour with cinnamon and salt
• Beat egg whites (1 ¼ cups) in large mixing bowl until soft mounds form
• Gradually add ¾ cup sugar and continue beating until very stiff, straight peaks form. DO NOT UNDER BEAT!
• Combine egg yolks, ¾ cup sugar and vanilla in small mixing bowl. Beat until thick and lemon colored.
• Stir in dry ingredients.
• Fold batter gently but thoroughly into egg whites using wire whip or rubber spatula.
• Fold in walnuts.
• Turn into greased 10 inch tube pan.
• Bake at 350 for 55 to 65 minutes.
• Invert immediately. Cool completely before removing from pan.
• Frost with a vanilla glaze, sprinkle with confectioners sugar or serve with whipped cream.