Holiday Snowball Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tblsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups all purpose floor
- 1-2/3 cups (10 pkg) Nestle Toll House Holiday Morsels
- (can use only chocolate morsels)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- Powdered Sugar for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 375 degree
Beat butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour, stir in morsels and nuts. Shape level tablespoons of dough in 1-1/4 inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned. Remove from oven.
Sift powdered sugar over hot cookies on baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight containers.
Makes 4 to 5 dozen.