Creamy Slow-cooker Chicken
Carl wasn't wild about it but I loved the sause.
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 8-ounce can reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 .7-ounce package italian herb dressing
- 1 8-ounce package sliced fresh mushrooms
Adapted from food.com
1. Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt. Cook chicken, in batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or just until browned. Transfer chicken to a 5-qt. slow cooker, reserving drippings in skillet.
2. Add soup, cream cheese, white wine, and Italian dressing mix to hot drippings in skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
3. Arrange mushrooms over chicken in slow cooker. Spoon soup mixture over mushrooms. Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours. Stir well before serving.
Note: For testing purposes only we used Good Seasons Italian All Natural Salad Dressing and Recipe Mix.
To make ahead: Prepare recipe as directed. Transfer to a 13- x 9-inch baking dish, and let cool completely. Freeze up to one month. Thaw in refrigerator 8 to 24 hours. To reheat, cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.