David's Awesome Nachos
- 2-3 chicken breasts, sliced into 3-inch strips
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp, olive oil
- 1 large bag white corn tortilla chips
- 1 can drained black beans
- 2 diced and seeded tomatoes
- 1 small can roasted green chiles
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups cheese combination: cheddar, mexican and monterey jack
- 1 bunch fresh scallions (green onions), minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 375
Season the chicken pieces with the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt. Toss evenly to coat. set aside
Heat grill pan until hot. roast chiles until well-charred, then place in plastic bag to steam for 2-3 minutes. Reserve.
Add olive oil and chicken breasts for 3 minutes per side. Once the chicken is done cooking, remove it from the grill pan and let it sit for at least 15 minutes to cool. Drain and rinse the black beans and reserve. Mince the scallions and reserve. Mince the fresh cilantro and reserve. On a large baking sheet, spread the tortilla chips in an even layer. Top the chips starting with the chicken, chopped peppers, tomatoes, and black beans.
Finish with cheese and scallions. Repeat. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the nachos are heated through, 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with fresh cilantro.
Garnish with your favorite salsa and sour cream or crumbled bacon