Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
"succulent strips of sirloin seasoned with garlic powder,then slow cooked with onion,green pepper and stewed tomatoes"
- 2 pounds beef sirloin,cut into 2 inch strips
- garlic powder to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cube beef bouillion
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 large green bell peppers,roughly chopped
- 1-14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes with liquid
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 320mins
1. Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. in a large skillet over medium heat,heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips.Transfer to a slow cooker.
2. Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved,then mix in cornstarch until dissolved.Pour into the slow cooker with meat.Stir in onion,green peppers,stewed tomatoes,soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
3.Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours,or on low for 6 to 8 hours.