Simple Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 –1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 3 green onions, cut into thirds
Cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes. Place the chicken cubes in a bowl and add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and cornstarch. Marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
• Combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
• Heat a wok or skillet on medium-high heat until it is nearly smoking. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the ginger slices. Let the ginger slices cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are browned. Remove the ginger.
• Add the chicken cubes. Stir-fry, stirring and tossing the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes, until it changes color and is nearly cooked through.
• Add the sauce into the pan, and bring to boil. Stir in the green onions. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 more minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly coated with the sauce and cooked through. Serve hot.