Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 lb skinless chicken pieces (I used legs)
- 1 sweet green pepper, diced
- 1 can mushrooms, sliced...
- 1 jar (650 ml or 22 oz) marinara pasta sauce
- (I used PC Fire-Roasted Tomato)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried Italian spice blend
- Salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan (optiona
1. Trim fat and skin chicken. If using chicken breasts, cut them in half. Rinse and dry with paper towel.
2. Coat bottom of medium-sized roasting pan with 1/3 of pasta sauce.
3. Add chicken, onion, peppers, mushrooms, and desired spices.
4. Pour remainder of pasta sauce over top of mixture and stir well til chicken is well coated.
5. Sprinkle olive oil over everything.
6. Cover and bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes. Make sure chicken is cooked to the bone and adjust cooking time if necessary.
7. Place chicken in a serving dish. If sauce is too runny, mix in parmesan cheese. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
8. Serve with rice or noodles and a green salad