- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup Marsala (see note below)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Dip chicken in egg, and dredge in flour. Brown chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in skillet; set chicken aside.
Cook mushrooms in drippings in skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Add chicken, Marsala, salt, and pepper; cook until heated.
You can substitute 1 cup dry white wine and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon brandy.