Chocolate Flourless Cake
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, at least 70%
- 3 ounces butter
- 3 ounces almond butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 6 tablespoons natural cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- FRESH BERRY COMPOTE
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups fresh berries - blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 42mins
Adapted from drweil.com
Over a double boiler, melt chocolate, butter and almond butter. Let cool.
Separate the egg and place the yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add 3 Tbs sugar and beat until a light, pale yellow color, about 6 minutes. Slowly pour in the melted chocolate and mix until combined.
In a clean mixing bowl, add the eggs whites. Whisk until frothy. Slowly pour in 3 Tbs sugar and mix until soft peaks form. Fold the whites into the chocolate/egg mixture. Carefully fold until combined.
Spray 4 oz ramekin or muffin cups with pan spray. Pour the batter into the molds, almost to the top. Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes. Let cool before unmolding.
To serve: reheat at 300 degrees for 4 minutes. Spoon the fruit compote on top.