Honey Wheat Beer Marinated Pork Chops and Cheddar
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops or pork rib chops, cut 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 12-ounce bottle honey wheat beer
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 ounces white Cheddar, shredded or blue cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, toasted
Place pork chops in 2-gallon heavy self-sealing plastic bag set in 4-quart bowl; set aside. In small bowl combine beer, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper; pour over pork. Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or up to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain pork chops, discarding marinade.
For charcoal grill, arrange preheated coals around drip pan. Check for medium heat above pan. Place pork on grill rack over drip pan. Cover; grill for 35 to 4o minutes or until done (160 degrees). (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Place pork on unheated side of grill rack. Cover and grill as above.)
Meanwhile, for topping, in small bowl stir together cheese, green onions, and nuts. Spoon mixture over chops. Cover and grill 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.