Asian Barbecued Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 TBS canola oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced or thinly sliced
- 1 chile pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced or diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced or thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 TBS tamari sauce or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
Bring 1 1/2 cups stock, 1 TBS oil, and lime zest to a boil. Add the rice, stir, reduce heat to medium-low to simmer, and cover. Cook 15 to 16 minutes, then stir in lime juice and chives. Turn off the heat and fluff the rice. Keep covered and warm.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 TBS oil in large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add chicken and season with black pepper. Brown evenly, then remove to a plate. bTo the skillet, add chile, ginger, garlic and bell pepper; stir fry for 2 minutes. Return chicken to the pan. Stir together the hoisin, marmalade, tamari, and remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock. Add to the pan and reduce over high heat 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in peanuts and scallions.
Serve chicken over the rice.