Chicken Cheddar Chowder
- 2 bacon slices, uncooked, chopped
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups peeled, diced red potatoes
- 2 1/4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Cook bacon in Dutch oven over medium-high heat til crisp; remove from pan. Set aside.
Add chicken, onion, bell pepper, and garlic to pan; saute 5 minutes. Add broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or til potatoes are tender. Add corn; stir well.
Place flour in a bowl; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk til blended; add to soup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 15 minutes or til thick; stirring frequently. Stir in cheddar, salt and pepper. Top with bacon.