- 1 pound ground meat (beef, turkey or venison)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can (11 ounces) tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (14 ounces) ranch-style beans
- 1 can (14 ounces) hominy
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups tortilla chips
Brown the meat, drain off fat and stir in taco seasoning.
Put meat mixture, tomatoes, beans, hominy, onion and garlic together into a large pot. Simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes.
Just before serving, stir in 1 cup of cheese during final 5 minutes. Serve in individual bowls or put into an insulated bottle for lunchtime.
Top a serving with chips, a dollop of sour cream and a generous sprinkle of remaining cheese.