Crockpot carne rellenos
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- I got this on Recipezaar - it sounds so easy and delicious! I think I'll try it as soon as I find a nice flank steak!
- Crockpot Carne Rellenos
- SERVES 6
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild whole green chilies, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 flank steak (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1 . Slit whole chilies open on one side with sharp knife; stuff with slices of cream cheese.
- 2 . Open steak flat on a sheet of waxed paper. Score steak and turn over. Lay stuffed chilies across unscored side of steak. Roll up and tie with kitchen string.
- 3 . Place steak in crock-pot slow cooker. Pour salsa verde over steak. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- 4 . Remove steak and cut into 6 pieces. Serve with sauce from crock-pot.