- 6 boneless chicken breast filleted in halves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 packages of Panko bread crumbs (regular or Italian style will work as well, but Panko makes for a crisper coating)
- oil for frying
- 2 cups tomato sauce (use your own recipe or favorite store brand)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese freshly grated
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese shredded
- Recipe can be easily cut in half
Adapted from pinterest.com
Fillet and rinse chicken breast, then pat dry with paper towel. Mix flour, salt, and pepper together in a pie dish or large plate. Beat eggs and put in separate pie dish or wide bowl. Pour Panko bread crumbs out on another large dish.(You should have a breading station of three plates).
Bread chicken by dipping in flour, then eggs, and finally the bread crumbs. Be sure to fully coat chicken on all sides. Bread all the chicken and place them on plate until ready to fry.
Put enough oil in large frying pan to fry chicken and then turn heat to med.-high. Also pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Make sure the oil is hot and fry chicken until golden brown on each side then put on plate with paper towel. When all the chicken are fried they are ready for the oven.
Take a large baking dish or use two separate medium sized ones and cover the bottom with a light layer of tomato sauce. Place chicken in dish and cover each piece with a scoop or two of tomato sauce. Sprinkle chicken with parm. and romano cheeses and then cover each one with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese.
Place in oven for about 10 minutes. Cheese should be melted and sauce starting to bubble. Turn the broiler on for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese and then remove from the oven. Rest for a minute or two and it is ready to serve.