Chocolate Pretzel Pecan Pie
serves 10 at 473 calories per slice.
- 1 pie crust(store-bought or homemade)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups pecans
- 3/4 cup mini pretzels (about 18) broken into pieces
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Fit crust in 9 inch pie plate, folding the overhang under to create a thicker rim of dough and crimp as desired. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, sugar, orange zest, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the pecans, pretzels and chocolate chips. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pie crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
Cover the pie with foil and bake until the filling is puffed and the center is just set, 15 to 20 minutes more. Transfer the pie to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature.