Inside-Out Bread Dressing
- 1 loaf (1pound) day old white bread, cubed
- 1 1/3 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Cover with a towel and let dry overnight. In medium bowl, combine broth, eggs, seasoning and pepper; mix well. Drizzle over bread cubes and toss to combine; set aside. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook until tender. Toss with bread mixture. Spoon into 2-quart casserole that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. Cover; bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes or until heated to internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Recipe may be doubled and baked in a 4-quart casserole for 45 minutes.