Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup (like Karo)
- 1/4 cup light cream (half and half or evaporated milk will work, too)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Adapted from everydaycheapskate.com
Combine cocoa powder, white sugar, corn syrup, cream, salt and butter in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a full boil. Boil the mixture briskly for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for one week. To reheat, place the container of sauce in a pan of hot (not boiling) water until the sauce warms and thins to a pouring consistency.