Chicken and Dressing Casserole
We enjoy this fast all-in-one meal often. I usually have chicken on hand, but it also makes a great after-Thanksgiving meal using leftover turkey.—Patricia
- 1 package (6 ounces) instant chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- chopped onion, sauteed
- minced garlic or garlic powder
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained optional
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken or turkey
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Prepare the stuffing mix according to package directions; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the mixed vegetables, soup, water chestnuts and chicken broth.
Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt.(8x8) baking dish.
Top with the chicken and prepared stuffing; may need to add some chicken broth if too dry (I usually add 1/2 cup). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.