A few flips in the skillet and you'll have a great meal for your family.
- 4 (8 inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 1-1/2 cups frozen, roasted corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 avocados, sliced
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups salsa of your choice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Sour cream for topping (optional)
- Can add chicken, beef, shrimp.
Gather up all your ingredients and place near the stove top.
Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place the skillet over medium- to medium-high heat.
Add one tortilla to the skillet and layer it thinly with the cheese, black beans, salsa, corn, avocados and a bit more cheese.
Allow the tortilla to cook for two or three minutes, until the cheese begins to melt.
Add a second tortilla to the top of the mixture and carefully flip it over (the quesadilla will be full so you'll need to take extra care). Cook for another two or three minutes. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Serve warm with extra salsa for dipping, and sour cream as garnish if you'd like.