Breakfast Casserole For a Crowd
- 32 ounce bag of frozen hash browns
- 3/4 cup diced onions
- 1 pound of ham, breakfast sausage or bacon-cooked and cut into pieces
- 2 (4 ounce) cans of mushrooms, stems and pieces, drained
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 dozen eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup (= a 5 fluid ounce can) of evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Start by layering your potatoes, meat, onions, mushrooms and cheese. You are going to make three layers, insuring you end with layer of cheese.
In a bowl, mix beaten eggs, evaporated milk, water, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over layers.
Using a spoon handle, poke through the mixture in 6 or 7 places. This is to just make sure the mixture goes all the way through to the bottom of the crockery. Cook on low for 10 - 12 hours.