Pecan Brittle Candy
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Adapted from dixiecrystals.com
1. Lightly butter a 9 x 13 inch pan or set aside a silicone baking mat.
2. In a 1 quart saucepan bring to a boil pecans, sugar, water, honey, salt and vanilla extract. Using a wooden or heat resistant rubber spatula stir the mixture to 300°F. Remove from heat.
3. Add butter and stir until melted. Add baking soda and cinnamon and immediately pour the mixture onto the buttered pan.
4. Using a spatula press and stretch the brittle to the size of the pan.
5. Once cooled break in pieces and store airtight.