Chicken Supreme Recipe
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1-3/4 cups crushed Caesar salad croutons
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
Cut Monterey Jack cheese into eight 2-1/2-in. x 1-in. x 3/8-in. strips. In a bowl, combine the butter, parsley, oregano and marjoram; spread 1-1/2 teaspoons over each cheese strip. Cover and refrigerate cheese and remaining butter mixture for at least 2 hours.
Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Place a cheese strip on each piece of chicken. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick. Coat chicken on all sides with flour. Dip in eggs, then coat with croutons.
Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. In a saucepan, combine wine or broth and reserved butter mixture; heat until butter is melted.
Pour over chicken. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpick before serving.