Cheddar cheese Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for kneading
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry NESTLE" CARNATION" Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1/4 cup chopped chives (optional)
- 2 tablespoons granulated suga;
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
PREHEAT oven to 400 F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
COMBINE flour, cheese, dry milk, chives, sugar, baking
powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry
blender or 2 knives to make coarse crumbs. Stir in water just
KNEAD dough 10 times on lightly floured surface. Pat into
8 x 6-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 biscuits. Place biscuits about
2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
BAKE for 12 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown.