Deer Camp BBQ sauce variant
- 1-1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups prepared mustard
- 1 quart ketchup
- 1/2 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed red pepper flakes (or a little less if you do not like a spicy hot sauce)
- 3 quarts red wine vinegar
- 2 quarts water
- 1 quart white wine
- 1-1/2 cups salt
Place brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ketchup, pepper, pepper flakes, wine vinegar, water, wine, and salt in a 12-quart stainless steel pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook for 30 minutes. Store, covered, in glass canning jars in the refrigerator.
Note: Suggested uses include a marinade sauce and a barbecue sauce. Also good in Bloody Marys.