Good Witch Cake Pops
Adorable 'Good Witch' cake pops are easy to make. Just bake a cake, break it up and mix with frosting and then have fun dipping and decorating your Good Witches!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 3/4 cup Betty Crocker® Whipped cream cheese frosting, from 12-oz container
- 4 cups green candy melts
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 2 cups black candy melts
- 72 paper lollipop sticks
- Block of plastic foam
- 36 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 72 Bugles® original flavor snacks
- 1 roll Betty Crocker® Fruit by the Foot® strawberry chewy fruit snack (from 4.5-oz box), cut into 72 (2x1/4-inch) pieces
- 72 pieces yellow Fruity Cheerios® cereal (1/3 cup)
- Bite-size red licorice candy strips (from 4-oz bag)
Cooking time 240mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Cool. Crumble into bowl. Add frosting. Shape into 1-inch balls; place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Freeze until firm; keep refrigerated.
In microwavable bowl, microwave green candy melts and 2 tablespoons of the shortening uncovered on Medium (50%) 1 minute, then in 15-second intervals, until melted; stir until smooth. Repeat with black candy melts and remaining shortening.
Dip tip of each lollipop stick about 1/2 inch into melted green candy and insert stick into cake ball no more than halfway. Place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate 5 minutes. Remove from refrigerator a few at a time. Dip cake balls into melted green candy; tap off excess. Poke opposite end of stick into foam block.
Twist sandwich cookies; remove creme filling. Dip cookies in melted black candy; let set on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Dip Bugles into black candy; place in center of each cookie. Let set. Wrap fruit snack piece around each Bugle.
Use black candy to attach cereal piece to fruit snack for buckle. Use green candy to attach licorice to cake pop for hair. Use black candy to attach hat to top of cake pop, and pipe eyes and mouth on cake pop.