This exotic dessert makes a delicious treat for any special occasion. The main ingredients are cashew nuts & sugar .
- 1 cup kaju (cashew nuts)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp rose essence
Preparation time 120mins
Cooking time 130mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Soak cashew nuts in water for 2-4 hours.
2. Drain & grind them into a paste in a grinder. Use as little water as
3. In a heavy sauce pan put sugar & cashew nut paste. Cook on slow to
medium heat until of dough-like consistency. Stir continuously.
4. Add ghee, cardamom powder, rose essence & mix well.
5. Quickly turn onto a greased marble or wooden surface.
6. Quickly roll thinly with a greased roller.
7. Cut into diamond shaped katlis & Store in an airtight container.