- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unslated butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove grated or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
In a small bowl combine the butter ingredients. Scoop the mixture out of the bowl onto a sheet of parchment or waxed paper.
Loosely shape the mixture into a log about 1 inch in diameter. Roll the
log in the paper and twist the ends in opposite directions to form an even cylinder. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until the butter is chilled.