- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking 2 tablespoons grated
- powder orange rind
- Pinch salt 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter powder
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar 2 ounces white chocolate
- 2 eggs melted with 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla vegetable oil
1.Heat oven to 375. Grease large baking sheet.
2.Mix flour, baking powder, salt in bowl. Beat butter,
sugar in second bowl until creamy, 2 minutes. Beat in eggs,
one at a time. Add vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Stir in
berries and rind. Gather mixture into a ball. Divide in half.
3. Knead cocoa into half the dough. Using floured hands,
roll each portion into 14-inch log. Place on prepared sheet.
Press dough slightly to flatten so each log is 2 inches wide.
4. Bake in 375 oven 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Remove to wire rack to cool.
5. Lower to 325. Cut loaves into %-inch-thick slices.
Place, a cut side down, on sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Turn
over; bake 10 minutes. Cool on rack. Drizzle with chocolate.
Nutrient Value per Biscotti:
121 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated), 2 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate,
1 g fiber, 15 mg sodium, 24 mg cholesterol.