Ground beef is mixed with condensed onion soup, bread crumbs and egg, then formed into patties which are browned and simmered in a sauce made with more soup and seasonings.
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed onion soup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. In a large bowl mix together 1/3 cup condensed French onion soup
with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Shape into 6
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of
patties. Pour of excess fat.
3. In a small bowl blend flour and remaining soup until smooth.
Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.
Pour over patties in skillet. Cover and cook for 20 minutes,
stirring occasionally. Serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles.