Lunch Lady Brownies
- 1 cup of Butter (I use unsalted)
- 1/2 cup of Cocoa (I used unsweetened)
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 4 teaspoons of Vanilla
- 1 cup of Chopped Nuts (optional)
- Chocolate Icing:
- 1/4 cup of softened Butter
- 1/4 cup of Evaporated canned Milk (regular milk is fine)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened Cocoa
- 3 cups of Powdered Sugar
- Dash of Salt
Adapted from saltboxhousecreations.com
Melt butter in microwave and put in mixing bowl. Add cocoa and mix together until smooth. Add flour and sugar. Beat together and then add eggs, vanilla, and nuts. Mix until combined. Do not over mix.
Pour into a greased , floured 9x13 baking pan. *If you want to double the recipe, use a large baking sheet.* This batter will not be runny like a cake mix. You might have to spread it out over your pan with a rubber spatula.
Bake 20-25 minutes @ 350 or until done. Check at about 20 minutes for doneness.
Wait only about 10 minutes to frost brownies. Frost them while they are warm, not hot.
Mix all ingredients together and frost as desired.