Slow Cooker Cajun-Style Pot Roast
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup quick cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- Hot cooked rice
Cooking time 360mins
1. Cut roast in half and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides, then drain. Transfer to a 5-quart slow cooker.
2. Combine the tomatoes, red pepper, celery, onion, tapioca, garlic and salt; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Slice and serve with rice.