Breakfast Oatmeal Squares
A healthier version of breakfast bars. They are low fat and low sugar.
Calories 137; Fat .5 g; Carbohydrate 23.5 g; Protein 4.3 g Fiber 2.9 g
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Splenda granulated sweetener
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly coat a 9 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients (oat through cinnamon). Stir. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
3. Pour into prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the center springs back when touched or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes then turn out of pan to cut (bottoms will become slightly wet if left in the pan).
5. Cut into 12 portions and wrap individually, if desired.