Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Base Mixture:
- Mix all ingredients in a pitcher (Rubbermaid works well)
- 1.5 L Carlo Rossi Burgundy or Pasiano
- 1 cup of Simple Syrup ( combine last, recipe below )
- 6 oz Brandy
- 6 oz Cointreau
- 1 apple cut in quarters
- 1 orange cut in quarters
- 1 pear cut in quarters
- and... any other exotic fruit you like!
- Simple Syrup:
- ( Separate sauce pan on stove )
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 2 Cinnamon sticks ( crack/crush...intensified flavor )
- 4 Allspice berries ( crack/crush...intensified flavor )
- 3 Cloves
- 5 Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper flakes
- 2 Whole Star Anise ( Crack/crush " " " " " " )
- Bring all Simple syrup ingredients to a boil while stirring.... let steep ~ 30 min, then strain and discard solids. Let Syrup cool then add to base mixture above.
- Chill 2-4 hours if able ( a marriage occurs )
- Serve over ice and garnish with a cinnamon stick.