Spaghetti Seasoning Mix & Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Thank you to Paula Weiss for sharing your Spaghetti Seasoning Mix recipe with us. Paula says: When preparing the spaghetti, just boil the pasta, and add the meat and sauce ingredients.
- SPATHETTI SEASONING MIX:
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons green pepper flakes ***Cooks Note: If you can't find the green pepper flakes at your store I substitute 1/2 tsp of dried basil and add 1/2 tsp of black pepper in its place.
- 1/4 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- SPAGHETTI SAUCE:
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 3 - 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 1 - 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 2 3/4 cups of tomato juice or water
- 1 pound angel hair spaghetti OR 1 lb of any type of pasta of your choice
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from momspantrykitchen.com
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well. Put in a small jar with a tight fitting lid or in a small zip lock bag and store in a cool, dry place. Attatch a label to it with the date you made it. Keeps 6 months. Makes about 1/3 cup of mix (1 package)
HOW TO MAKE SPAGHETTI SAUCE: Boil your pasta and drain, don't rinse. Brown one pound of lean ground beef in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Drain excess grease. Add three cans of tomato sauce, one can of tomato paste, the tomato juice or water, and the seasoning mix. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.