crock pot fajitas
- (Recipe originally from Mom Food, a blog which no longer exists. Makes 4-6 servings.)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4-5 chicken breasts)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (I use red onion)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in half-circle slices
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced in half-circle slices
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (I used homemade chicken stock)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or more, I use about 3 T)
Trim all visible fat and tendons from chicken breasts, and cut chicken into 1 inch crosswise slices. Place chicken in crockpot.
Cut both ends from onion, then peel, cut in half top to botton, and cut into half-circle slices. Add onion to crockpot. Cut ends from red and green bell pepper, cut in half top to bottom, remove seeds and membranes, and cut into half-circle slices. (Cut up the stem and bottom end too.) Add bell peppers to crockpot.
Squeeze lime juice over chicken, onions, and peppers in crockpot. In a small bowl stir chili powder, cumin and salt into chicken broth. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, or until tender. (I usually cook about 3 hours on high.)
Spoon chicken and vegetables into warmed tortillas and serve with toppings. This is also delicious just served on a plate, with cheese melted over and other toppings added.