Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 bag milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag white chocolate chips
RECIPE CAN BE DOUBLED. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir sugar and butter until blended. Add vanilla and egg until lightly fluffy. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop dough balls (2" apart) on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool stlightly and remove from cookie sheet and put on wire rack to cool completely.
Yields ~4 dozen 3" diameter cookies