Smothered Chicken with Brown Rice
- 6 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, chopped
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 large carrots (1-1/2 lb.), thinly sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
COOK and stir bacon in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 5 min. or until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings from skillet. Add chicken, cook 1 to 2 min. on each side or until browned; cover. Cook 8 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Transfer chicken to plate; cover to keep warm.
ADD onions to skillet; cook 5 min. or until tender. Stir in carrots and 3/4 cup broth; cover. Simmer 10 min. or until vegetables are tender. Reserve 1/3 cup vegetables.
PLACE remaining broth, reserved 1/3 cup vegetables and Neufchatel in blender; blend until smooth. Add sauce and reserved chicken to vegetables in skillet; cover. Cook 2 min. or until heated through. Spoon rice onto serving plate; top with chicken mixture, sauce and bacon.