Kahlua Cheesecake Surprise
- Zwieback Crust
- 2 envelopes unflavoured gelatin
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 eggs separated
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 (8oz.) pkgs. of cream cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Shaved or curled semi-sweet chocolate
Blend 1-1/2 cups fine Zwieback crumbs, or oreo cookie crumbs, and 1/3 cup butter together. Press firmly over bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees) 8-10 minutes. Cool.
1. On top of a double boiler, soften gelatin in Kahlua and water.
2. Beat in egg yolks, sugar and salt. Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
3. Beat cheese until fluffy.
4. Gradually beat in Kahlua mixture, cool.
5 Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
6. Beat cream stiff.
7. Fold egg whites and cream into cheese mixture.
8. Pour into prepared pan. Chill 4-5 hours or overnight.
Decorated with chocolate shavings.