- 2 cans black or kidney beans, drained and rinsed (2 x 14oz/398ml)
- 1 1/2 cup corn kernels, cooked
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium all-natural salsa
- 1 cup cashew sour cream
- whole-grain tortillas or savoury buckwheat crepes
- nutritional yeast, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from gluten-free-vegan-girl.com
1. Make the tortillas according to either the package or the recipe (link will be added soon).
2. Heat up a medium-sized pot. Add in the onion, garlic, bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Once that is done, add in the beans and corn kernels as well, cooking for 3 minutes stirring. Finally add in the salsa, sour cream and seasoning. Allow this to cook for about 2-5 minutes, enough for it to get properly heated. Stir cilantro into mixture.
3. Spoon mixture evenly down center of warmed tortilla and roll tortillas up. Serve immediately, next to a side salad and the left-over filling.