Best Ever Chicken Fajita Chowder
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 each green, red, and yellow peppers chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup sour cream
- tortilla chips and minced fresh chives, optional
1. In a dutch oven over medium high heat, cook and stir the chicken, peppers and onion in oil until vegetables and crisp-tender. Stir in water, corn, rice, enchilda sauce, chilies, and salt. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and sour cream until cheese is melted. Serve with chips and chives if desired.