Pesto and Peas Salad
- 1 16 oz. box of farfalle pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 10 oz. jar of pesto sauce (1/2 cups homemade pesto)
- 1 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach
- 3 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups mayonaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
Cook the pasta according to the package directions in a large pot of boiling water. Drain and toss into a bowl with olive oil, and allow to cool to room temperature.
In the bowl of a food processor puree the pesto, spinach, and lemon juice. Add the mayonnaise and continue to puree until smooth.
Add the pesto mixture to the cooled pasta, then add the Parmesan cheese, peas, pine nuts, and pepper. Mix well, season to taste, and serve at room temperature.