- Bourbon Chicken
- Source: You're Gonna Bake It After All, originally from RecipeZaar
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray (or 1 tbsp. olive oil)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup reduce sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespooon cornstarch/1 Tablespoon water (optional)
Spray a large skillet with olive oil cooking spray (or use the 1 tbsp. olive oil). Add chicken and cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove chicken from skillet.
Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved.
Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
If you prefer a thicker sauce, combine 1 tbsp. water and 1 tbsp. cornstarch in a separate bowl and add a little at at time to reach desired consistency.
Serve over hot rice