crumb's Vanilla Cupcakes
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking poweder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 16oz. box confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- rainbow sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs, mixing well after each addition, followed by the vanilla and almond extracts.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda into a small bowl. Then, with the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk and ending with the flour.
4. Fill each cup 3/4 full with batter. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the center of the cupcakes spring back when touched. Cool completely before frosting.
5. To make the frosting cream together the butter and cream cheese until totally smooth. Then add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Frost each cupcake then place the sprinkles on a plate and roll the sides of the cupcake in them.