Pan Roasted Root Vegetables
These pan roasted root vegetables are surprisingly easy to make yet so delicious. Serve with chicken, beef or pork.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1/2 stick
- 1 white turnip, unpeeled, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 carrots, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 small parsnips, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 celery root, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 8 brussels sprouts, halved if large
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly gound black pepper
- 2 celery ribs, diced into 1 inch pieces
Melt butter in a large saute pan that has a tight-fitting lid. When the butter is melted, add the turnip, carrots, parsnips, celery root, brussels sprouts, thyme, salt and pepper and toss with the butter. Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Add the celery and stir the vegetables. Cover the pan again and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender. If they're too dry, add a few tablespoons of water. Taste for seasoning and serve hot.
You'll also love
- BRISKET WITH ROOT VEGETABLES 0/5 (0 Votes)