Duncan Hines Pinwheel Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening plus additional for greasing
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened and divided
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package DUNCAN HINES® Moist Deluxe® Fudge Marble Cake Mix
1. Combine 1/2 cup shortening, 1/3 cup butter, egg yolks and vanilla extract in large bowl. Mix at low speed with electric mixer until blended. Set aside cocoa packet from cake mix. Gradually add cake mix. Blend well.
2. Divide dough in half. Add cocoa packet and remaining 1 tablespoon butter to one half of dough. Knead until well blended and chocolate colored.
3. Roll out yellow dough between two pieces of waxed paper into 18×12×1/8-inch rectangle. Repeat with chocolate dough. Remove top pieces of waxed paper from chocolate and yellow doughs. Place yellow dough directly on top of chocolate dough. Remove remaining layers of waxed paper. Roll up jelly-roll fashion, beginning at wide side. Refrigerate 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheets.
5. Cut dough into 1/8-inch slices. Place sliced dough 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to cooling racks.