Huevos Rancheros Casserole
- 5 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 6 oz. (1 1/2 cups) finely shredded colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/2 lb. smoked cooked chorizo sausage, coarsely chopped
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El Paso® Chopped Green Chiles
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Old El Paso® Salsa
Adapted from pilsbury.com
1. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place 4 of the tortillas in bottom of sprayed baking dish, overlapping as necessary, about 1/2 to 1 inch up sides. Cut remaining tortilla in half; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
2. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over tortillas in baking dish. Top with chorizo, chiles and 1/2 cup cheese. Arrange tortilla strips over cheese.
3. In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, oregano and ground red pepper; beat well. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; press lightly into egg mixture. Cover with foil. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
4. Heat oven to 350°F. Bake covered casserole for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Serve with salsa.
1 Serving (1/6 of Recipe)Calories 390(Calories from Fat 230),Total Fat 26g(Saturated Fat 11g,Cholesterol 265mg;Sodium 920mg;Total Carbohydrate 16g(Dietary Fiber 2g,Sugars 3g),Protein 23g